Internet Download Manager 5.17 Build 5
Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. Simple graphic user interface makes IDM user friendly and easy to use.Internet Download Manager has a smart download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation and safe multipart downloading technology to accelerate your downloads. Unlike other download managers and accelerators Internet Download Manager segments downloaded files dynamically during download process and reuses available connections without additional connect and login stages to achieve best acceleration performance.
Internet Download Manager supports proxy servers, ftp and http protocols, firewalls, redirects, cookies, authorization, MP3 audio and MPEG video content processing. IDM integrates seamlessly into Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, MSN Explorer, AOL, Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firebird, Avant Browser, MyIE2, and all other popular browsers to automatically handle your downloads. You can also drag and drop files, or use Internet Download Manager from command line. Internet Download Manager can dial your modem at the set time, download the files you want, then hang up or even shut down your computer when it's done.
Other features include multilingual support, zip preview, download categories, scheduler pro, sounds on different events, HTTPS support, queue processor, html help and tutorial, enhanced virus protection on download completion, progressive downloading with quotas (useful for connections that use some kind of fair access policy or FAP like Direcway, Direct PC, Hughes, etc.), built-in download accelerator, and many others.
Version 5.17 adds IDM download panel for web-players that can be used to download flash videos from sites like YouTube, MySpaceTV, and Google Videos. It also features complete Vista support, YouTube grabber, redeveloped scheduler, and MMS protocol support. The new version also adds improved integration for IE and IE based browsers, redesigned and enhanced download engine, the unique advanced integration into all latest browsers, improved toolbar, and a wealth of other improvements and new features.
What's new in version 5.17 build 5?
(Released: May 27, 2009)
We have added these features in response to IDM user requests.
* Fixed a bug with NTLM authorization and several others
What's new in version 5.17 build 4?
(Released: May 19, 2009)
* Added "Add batch download from clipboard" menu item to "Tasks" menu
* Significantly revised parsing of http protocol headers. Besides increasing download speed, it also solved problems with flaw programmed firewalls and antiviral software. In particular "CA Internet Security Suite" has a serious bug in its network filters, because of which IDM versions from 5.16 till 5.17.3 could not parse headers and download some files correctly.
What's new in version 5.17 build 3?
(Released: May 07, 2009)
* Improved media file recognition in web players in Firefox and other Mozilla based browsers
* Fixed several bugs
What's new in version 5.17 build 2?
(Released: Apr 29, 2009)
* Fixed incorrect lookup of file names on several sites (including rapidshare.com) for "Download with IDM" feature
What's new in version 5.17?
(Released: Apr 28, 2009)
* Fixed a critical bug with downloading files over 4GB
* Improved media file recognition in web players in IE